Altair 5X Multigas Detector, ConfiguredMSA Altair 5X Gas Detector measures up to 6 gases including natural gas. Now available with a PID detector for VOC detection. Wireless management and setup.
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with an integrated PID sensor for VOC detection. Driven by advanced MSA XCell Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.
- Detects combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulphide, sulphur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, VOCs, and many others depending upon sensor configuration.
- Rugged overmolded polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 10-ft. (3m) drop
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow, eliminating concerns of externally-attached components.
- High-performance XCell Sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than 4 years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, SO2, CO/NO2 and CO (high concentration) sensors.
- Typical life greater than 3 years for NH3 and Cl2 sensors.
- Most sensor response and clear times <
- 15 seconds.
- Less calibration gas used:
- Requires about half of the test gas typically used for calibration and bump tests.
- The rapid bump test gives results in less than 10 seconds for the most common sensor configurations.
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- MotionAlert feature option tells others that the user has become immobile.
- InstantAlert feature provides a manual alarm to alert others as to a potentially hazardous situation.
- PID option allows for accurate, reliable VOC response with programmable reference factors.
- Large buttons and a bright display provide easy operation, even when users wear gloves.
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions users when the unit's sensor nears end-of-life.
- Versatile MSA Link&trade
- The software allows users to transmit data to a computer.
- Compatible with GALAXY GX2 Test System and MSA Link Pro Software for fleet management.
- Wireless BlueTooth included standard.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Durham Region's Safety Supplier | SupplyNow
I have used SupplyNow a lot in the last year and it is always the same experience. Prompt, great customer service and very quick delivery. I will continue to use SupplyNow for my construction business.
A very easy purchase and delivery process. Super convenient to order from an email and have all of my gear arrive the next morning via courier ready to be used.Steve G.
Excellent service, delivery was quick, product was as advertised, overall a great purchasing experience.